World is a Fiction
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Les couples

3 participants
AuteurMessage
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Les couples   Les couples EmptySam 5 Nov - 11:33

Ici, vous pouvez parler des relations romantiques de la série.

--

Je viens de retomber sur uns sorte de petit meta qui parle de la relation June/Luke. Du coup, vu notre discussion dans le sujet de mes créas, je me suis dit que j'allais le reposter. Parce que ça explique 1000 fois mieux pourquoi je ne vois (veux) pas June finir avec Luke, indépendamment de Nick:

Citation :
   Thoughts on 505 and 506

Even before Gilead June had doubts and insecurities about her relationship with Luke which I think is completely normal, but what has always been interesting to me is that the flashbacks that weren’t her idealized memories of her family, were about the red flags of her relationship with Luke. How they met, June’s guilt over the infidelity, Moira and Holly’s warnings and his reactions to when Gilead started taking over. Season 4 was even more brutal in terms of showing how out of touch he unfortunately was and even with these “changes” in Season 5 I still see the same issues being portrayed.

Les couples 2d0bfc34c591cfc8ca8789af98202f2f5c5fe130

When I watched episode 505 this particular scene came to mind. In the bowling alley when Luke starts singing there’s a look of doubt and sadness that reminded me of the look she had in episode 207 after she walks in on Luke screaming into Annie’s voicemail. June looks back at Jayden and that’s when we see her expression. It’s kind of hard not to associate Jayden to Nick. I would love to think she’s probably thinking about the fact that she’s in love with Nick and maybe she was, but the show loves to make it seem like June doesn’t think about him (which I believe it’s impossible) but in this particular case I think it has more to do with Hannah. June has always felt that Luke’s love is conditioned to her ability to be a mother and we have seen that portrayed in the show. The fact that she couldn’t save Hannah and bring her back to Luke weighs heavily on her. The whole dancing sequence and the way it was shot seemed idealized like the flashbacks she used to have of Luke and Hannah. It felt like a dream or like the title of the episode, a fairytale. Even though by the end of the scene there is a connection between Luke and June I keep feeling that connection is in a way centered on guilt than in the love she had before. Ironically by the end of the episode they end up once again separated in the woods.

Then in the next episode, we see these 2 characters physically together (like the title of the episode) but it felt like they were more apart than ever. I think the cages symbolize the striking contrast of having them together but separated by those huge cages. There’s just so much space around them yet they’re trapped with each other - by who they are now and how much they’ve changed. Luke is now seeing and feeling a small part of what June went through and June is in complete control, disassociating to her survival self. She’s not worried about herself, she’s worried about him.

Les couples F83d785965c9917280649f76dfa0a4e83eda7722

Citation :
   I’m sorry. Sorry. I just… it’s just when I… When I think of you in places like this, by yourself, I just wish… I wish I could’ve been the kinda guy that could’ve come and got ya. And I know how that sounds, I just… I just wish I could’ve been with you through that.

You were with me. You were.

In this interaction Luke is clearly and obviously panicking. He’s frustrated because he knows once again there’s nothing he can do. His inability to save and protect June is once again out in the open. So he gets mad. He says I’m sorry I’m being such a man about it. This comment made me think that I’ve always seen Luke as written to be a subtle misogynistic character product of being raised in a patriarchal society. And just like in our society some people see it some people don’t. We expect Luke to be prepared (at least somewhat) but he clearly isn’t. Then we see June and everything she’s gone through and it’s painful and frustrating to watch her babysitting someone who doesn’t seem to at least acknowledge that this has to be triggering for her. I’m not saying he isn’t worried about her, he obviously is but it’s more about how he feels in that moment. Obviously June doesn’t show it and that makes him feel even more inadequate.

The second thing he says is how he wished he could be that guy. It’s a constant guilt Luke has had to live with and 2 episodes ago Serena pointed it out bluntly. This is what gets him mad at Serena not the things Serena’s done to June but the things he couldn’t/didn’t do. There’s no way that in between the lines who both of them are thinking about is Nick. June knows the risks and the things he did for her and Luke recently got more confirmation that Nick took care of her in ways he couldn’t. I don’t want to be unfair so I will point out that there were times Nick had to literally stand by knowing June was being abused and he couldn’t do anything; but he did sacrifice himself for her safety and paid for it as well. She also did say on the tape that Nick helped her to survive. June’s expression when she tells him that he was with her is interesting. It gave me the impression she really didn’t mean what she was saying and he didn’t believe her either.

Les couples 5d0d928a6cdcb2a4832b8dfbe724a03c6aa315c5

Citation :
You listen to me, okay? Okay. Okay. Last time when we were apart… No matter what happened, I never gave up hope. And you never gave up hope, because we knew… we just knew… that we would find each other again. So, we’re just gonna do that again. Right? I love you. I love you. And we are gonna do that again. Do you understand? Yeah, we’re… we’re gonna stay alive. That’s right.

This is one of my least favorite lines of the whole series. (Both dislikes in the whole series for me are in this season and it’s simply because it seems like a change of narrative and storyline). I had issues with it because it makes no sense with what I have been shown in terms of June and her longing for Luke, which is basically non existent. Every scene of her thinking back to him was always conditioned to Hannah.

• In Episode 105 she says why does it feel like I’m cheating on Luke? This was the first time she went to Nick’s apartment ordered by Serena. It was something she had no choice in the matter like all the other ceremonies before and she didn’t think of those as cheating on Luke. She also still believed he was dead. I took it as she wanted and was attracted to Nick which we saw since their first interaction. The flashback to Luke in this episode shows the first time they were together and the awkwardness between them since they were being unfaithful and it contrasts to the second time June goes to Nick willingly. She says she felt invincible the same way Luke had described the way she looked in her in the picture when he met her at the food truck. Luke told her he looked invincible, Nick made her feel it.
  • In Episode 307 she sees Luke with Nicole at the protest on the TV. She longs for him in a way and says she wishes she could be held and told her name, things we know Nick who just had left for the front did for her many times before and she kept doing even after she knew Luke was alive. But let’s take Nick out of the equation. She saw him, she longs for him; yet that flashback is to the night they made Hannah. This is also when she sends him the tape where she says she’s embarrassed, because she knows she’s being unfaithful just like Luke had done with Annie; and where she says Nicole was made out of love and that it was Nick who helped her to survive.
  • In Episode 405 she reminisced about their first time again while Janine and Steven are having sex. It isn’t an intimate setting, they’re in the middle of a war front. She believes that what Janine is doing is wrong so I have no idea why she thought back to that.
  • In Episode 406 which is called Vows interestingly enough, we get the flashback where Moira says that Luke left Annie because she couldn’t conceive. We then see June talking to Luke about their and his vows with Annie asking what if she can’t give him kids, if she disappoints him or isn’t who he thought she’d be. Which is interesting given the context that she comes back a completely different person and without Hannah. She even says it to Moira on the boat. She didn’t want to come back to him without Hannah and you can see how worthless she feels when she tells him I’m sorry it’s just me.

She also says she never gave up hope and well she did many times and after season 3 she was suicidal, and in season 4 she tells Aunt Lydia to kill her.

• After her first escape, what happened with Omar, her pregnancy and Nick’s marriage she was extremely hopeless. June has always had the will to fight and has drawn strength not only from Nick but from her friends. After planning Angel’s Flight she had nothing left to lose and her plan wasn’t to escape. Luke even questioned her decision to stay making it about him not realizing June stayed behind for Hannah. In season 4 she runs back to Nick while she was scared of going back to Luke.
  • Nick didn’t save June, she saved herself but he tried to help and his love helped her survive. That has been a constant for 4 seasons. We see her struggling to connect and it’s not until 409 that we see a semblance of peace and safety when she sees Nick. I know it was also a struggle for Luke to connect with her but I think it’s because unfortunately he expected her to simply go back to who she was and she doesn’t feel safe enough to open herself to him. He expects her to be someone she isn’t.

I can understand the moment they’re in, about to die but the lines could’ve been entirely different and still been accurate to the storyline. I don’t doubt June loves Luke, but she’s not in love with him and we can see it clearly even in this intent to reconnect. Even Luke doesn’t seem to buy it. That conversation made me think of the way she spoke to Hannah in 210 when she’s giving her hope so that she can go back to her other parents. As much as they seem to be trying to change the direction of the storyline it makes no sense and in between those lines I can still see the remnants of the same issues I saw in past seasons.

source

Les couples Signature

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase

Dernière édition par a.a.k le Lun 31 Juil - 19:00, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://cangelbestlovers.positifforum.com/ En ligne
Miss Kitty
Time takes all things
Time takes all things
Miss Kitty

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Les couples   Les couples EmptyJeu 10 Nov - 22:30

Je viens de le lire (pas pu avant, désolée ^^), c'est hyper intéressant comme développement ! Bon, l'auteur·e évoque malheureusement pas mal de scènes dont je ne me souviens pas ou peu, donc j'ai du mal à me forger une opinion qui pourrait nuancer ou contraster ce qui est dit ici, mais j'aime beaucoup l'approche et la manière dont c'est vu. Même si je ne le *ressens* pas ainsi parce que je n'ai simplement pas connecté avec la relation de June & Nick, j'entends entièrement l'argument et je vois l'attrait de June & Nick.

Surtout vu ce qui est dit sur Luke pour ce qu'on voit dans les flashbacks, je me souvenais que ce n'était pas vraiment idéal entre June et Luke, mais effectivement, il semble avoir (eu) des attitudes assez problématiques. Il me semble que j'avais été marquée par une certaine complaisance de Luke vis-à-vis de Gilead, quand leur influence a commencé à grandir. Pas qu'il approuvait, mais qu'il s'en accommodait alors que c'était juste révoltant.

Je reste peu marquée par Nick, et par extension, par sa relation avec June, mais sur le plan thématique et sur la signification/importance que peut avoir leur relation, je vois complètement ce qui plaît.

Après, les sentiments humains sont complexes, je pense qu'il est tout à fait possible que June aime les deux, simplement de manières (et pour des raisons) différentes. J'ai tendance à penser que les relations qui se nouent dans des contextes difficiles et de survie gardent pour toujours une place spéciale dans le cœur et le parcours d'une personne (je l'ai pensé pour Katniss/Peetal). Les personnes se lient d'une manière tellement unique.

Si je me refais la série, je porterai une attention plus particulière à cette question :-)

Merci pour le partage du meta Les couples 565994

~ Spuffy & Cangel Forum ~ Tumblr ~ Sens Critique
http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum En ligne
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyLun 31 Juil - 19:53

Je reposte l'avis que j'ai développé dans le sujet de mes créas:

Citation :
Merciiiiii ^^

Et, je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais ça ne m'étonne pas qu'on ne soit pas sur la même longueur d'ondes niveau couple  Les couples 758857

Après, j'ai jamais accroché à Luke de manière générale et son côté très... vieux jeu et sa vision très patriarcale de l'homme/du mari et de la femme (même si soft, mais là quand même. Comme quand il ne voit pas de réel souci à ce que June n'ait plus de compte en banque, parce qu'il va prendre soin d'elle) m'ont toujours un peu dérangée. Et j'avoue que son comportement dans les 2 dernières saisons ne m'a beaucoup aidée à l'apprécier plus. Je le trouve trop dans le contrôle de June ("I'm gonna let her" "Let me protect you") et de comment il estime qu'elle devrait réagir/ce qu'elle devrait ressentir. Sans lui donner l'espace de gérer son trauma de sa façon à elle. I mean, le gars est même présent durant la séance de suivi psychologique. WTF?!

Un exemple flagrant dans le dernier épisode... je ne sais pas si tu l'as déjà vu, donc:

Spoiler:

Le plus gros problème, IMO, est le fossé d'incompréhension entre eux. Malgré ce qu'il peut dire ("I get it! Don't tell me I don't get it!") Luke ne peut même pas commencé à imaginer ce que June a vécu, parce que c'est juste au-delà de tout entendement. Et après ce calvaire, June a changé de manière irréversible. Et il essaye désespérément de se raccrocher à la femme qu'elle n'est plus. Et cette incompréhension crée une barrière bien réelle. Je pense que, toute cette saison, c'est principalement June qui prend sur elle et qui essaye d'être la personne que les gens attendent qu'elle soit. Elle se fait littéralement violence au profit des autres et pour essayer de sauver son mariage. Mais du coup, elle refoule une partie d'elle-même jusqu'à exploser, et puis à s'excuser. Et le cycle recommence. Mais ça ne peut pas tenir sur le long terme.

Personnellement, je pense qu'elle n'est véritablement elle-même et en paix que lorsqu'elle est avec Nick (sa réaction à chaque fois qu'elle le voit/entend sa voix est super parlante!) ou Nichole. Parce que c'est le seul à pouvoir réellement comprendre ce qu'elle a vécu. C'est le seul qui la connait de A à Z, qui l'a vue dans ses meilleurs comme dans ses pires moments. Il l'aime pour qui elle est, le bon, comme le mauvais. Et elle ne ressent pas ce besoin constant de toujours s'excuser, même lorsqu'elle est cruelle avec lui. Contrairement à sa dynamique avec Luke...

Mais, comme j'ai déjà dit, même sans Nick. Je pense que son couple avec Luke est malheureusement voué à l'échec.

Rajoute à ça la différence dingue d'alchimie entre Elisabeth/Max et Elisabeth/OT... Ouais, Team Nick all the way baby!!!!

Sorry d'être partie dans une tartine. Mais j'avais vu que tu penchais vers June/Luke dans le sujet de la série et j'ai envie d'en discuter avec toi depuis lors Les couples 495820

--

Je viens de tomber sur une citation de Samira Wiley, qui joue Moira. Et je trouve qu'elle résume très bien la situation:

Citation :
   “Moira is decidedly team Luke. But as a fan of the show – um, I love you OT – but as a fan of the show I see the chemistry between them. It's like hot, sexy... it's like, you know, all the things you want to see. And I'm like, well let's see some more of it! So that's why I'm team Nick.

But also I would like to say that – thinking in the world of the show, and thinking of what trauma does to people – Moira and June have both been in Gilead and had trauma happen to them. But Moira has been healing for four years, and June is a completely different person. And if she is a completely different person that Moira can't even understand, then I don't understand how there is a path forward – just as a fan of the show – between her and Luke, who's never ever ever had to contend with what the reality of Gilead is. I just feel like – from the couples that I know in life – that's a really hard thing when you can't even explain to someone something that has made you now who you are as a person. And that is something that June and Nick share. So that's also why I'm team Nick.”

Au fond, Osblaine est le Katniss/Peeta de The Handmaid's Tale Les couples 565994

Les couples Signature

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyLun 31 Juil - 19:58

Extrait d'interview qui date de la saison 4 (si ma mémoire est bonne):

Les couples C5dde4670b91b171f9375b77c6e671ec644ad470

Les couples Signature

angel_15
What was I made for?
What was I made for?
angel_15

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyLun 31 Juil - 23:24

Bon c'est peut-être le fait que je ne suis pas tant fan de Luke mais mis à part en saison 1, je n'ai pas eu le feeling en saison 2 en tout cas, qu'elle fantasmait de retrouver Luke. Retrouver la liberté pour elle et ses enfants: oui, mais fantasmer de retrouver Luke...meh. La comparaison va paraitre peut-être weird mais ça me fait penser à Outlander du sens où Claire une grande partie de la saison 1 rêve de retourner chez elle et retrouver Frank mais elle développe cette relation avec Jamie pour aussi en quelque sorte s'accrocher à quelque chose de 'good' dans ces circonstances là et au final quand elle se retrouve avec Frank elle donnerait tout pour retourner avec Jamie. Pour moi June est très similaire dans ce sens là. Saison 1 elle donnerait tout pour retrouver Luke et Hannah mais développe cette relation avec Nick, dans un contexte extrêmement difficile mais je pense que ces sentiments pour Nick ont largement dépassé ce qu'elle ressent pour Luke. Si Nick aurait pu partir avec elle, je suis quasi certaine que son choix, même si difficile à faire, aurait été Nick.

https://leavingubehind.tumblr.com En ligne
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 15:37

J'aime beaucoup la comparaison avec Outlander Les couples 997285 Les couples 997285 Les couples 997285

Je suis en train de chercher une incorrect quote qui m'avait bien faire rire. Et du coup, je retombe sur plein de trucs. Donc j'en partage un peu ^^

Citation :

compare the compatibility between June/Luke and June/Nick pls

Idk. Let’s see.

Luke tells June to hang tight and ignore her instincts, leading to her capture by Gilead.

Nick helps June escape Gilead three times. (I think he set up the train timing and the driver taking a pee was his guy.)

Luke looks on in horror when June even talks about making Fred Waterford experience what she went through.

Nick Delivers Waterford to June. Hands her his gun and lets her avenge herself.

Luke wants June to act like her trauma never happened. For his comfort.

Nick makes sure that June gets to punish those who hurt her.

source

Citation :
okay one last thing about nick blaine that should have a proper analysis

the way he softly & gently shows his love to june: the way the touches her, the way he talks to her, the little gestures that comfort her, the way he waits for her to feel comfortable enough around him, the way he lets her have her space, just the things he says to her- he lives this love for june in such a soft & ‘free’ way, rarely have i seen a character so gentle

bye

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 15:40

Citation :
“I think it’s pretty simple as far as, she’s in love with Nick,” Moss said. “When she turns around at that house, he says her name and she turns around and you see that smile on her face. We haven’t seen her smile like that in maybe the entire season. And the sun came out, by the way. The sun happened to come out in that shot and it was one of those glorious moments where you’re like, ah, thank you! But the way that she is with Nick is different than the way she is with anyone else. She’s softer. She’s herself. She loves him. I think it’s pretty simple.” - Elisabeth Moss, June 2021

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 15:45

Citation :

“I don’t think you know who Mr. Blaine is…” (S1)

👏🏻BULL👏🏻SHIT👏🏻

We know *exactly* who Nick Blaine is because his actions speak louder than words ever could.

Les couples 2311358acc6aed7ae42261242b8c6a035a800a79

He’s a friendly guy who tells stupid jokes to make you laugh. He wants you to know you’ve got a friend if you need one. He regrets turning a blind eye to the previous handmaid’s suffering and refuses to do that with you.

Les couples 70e2b1dd3c2abca2c74da0b8d0336778fd00bd17

Plus, not to be horny on main but he thinks ur cute af 😍 and is 100% DTF. 🔥😅🙃 j/k unless….

Les couples 089b0dade2587c61b927232681280d7bea361461

He genuinely cares about you. He’s watching and hates the way they treat you. He hates it so much that he’s working a long game underground with a rebel group to gather intelligence and take Gilead down from the inside but if Serena hits you one more fucking time he’s gonna burn it all down. Or drive away with you. Or at least kiss you. 🔥

Les couples 590ad48f19c509009c7fff020953270431b2eb3c

Nick Blaine feels deeply. It’s not just a hookup for him. You’re not just a one night stand. He can’t stop thinking about you and he wants you to know how much you mean to him.

Les couples 55d64e155198ac3559a55b33fea7bd9b11c204db

He becomes your lover, giving you pleasure even though it’s a crime 👏🏻punishable 👏🏻by 👏🏻death. 👏🏻

Les couples 3a4deacff6ba2f3ed14a9c9f23dbda2620382634

He makes you feel seen and wanted. His love makes you feel human again.

Les couples 03aa7f6e45d6b72642fe4c097a3317c37bfed44e

When he finds out you’re pregnant he kneels down before his queen, vowing to get you and the baby out of Gilead.

Les couples 3070cb92cb74e336640bb53d3fa5284688143d99

And he does.

Les couples 8089cb3ecf9807be3b2e8f542fd608a827920652

Nick Blaine risks everything to rescue you from slavery.

Les couples 1fbc46e49d2ecacf4c059b8f6ebbb4b25778e51c

Knowing he’ll probobally never see you again.

🥺😭😩I love you

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 15:50

Citation :

“I don’t think you know who Mr. Blaine is…” (S2)

👏🏻NOT👏🏻TRUE👏🏻

We know who he is. A selfless hero. A good guy.

Les couples 36383d750e8c8bcc72873ec5b7698887a797f207

Remember how he risked his life to get her out of the house? It worked! Nick brings food and literally gives June the clothes off his back while she’s in hiding.

Les couples 6853b6a3b7ecd1ed6de078da251d09f25c14a53e

He straight up tells Serena June’s not OK and needs help. Nick’s worried June might kill herself like the previous handmaid. Unfortunately, Nick is appealing to emotions that Serena Joy simply does not possess.

Les couples 6880daeb8e0dde82b9ba6186d17a53abb57b2e1a

It backfires. Serena punishes Nick for stepping out of line by marrying him off to a child against his will. This move is intended to keep Nick occupied so he can’t protect June from further abuse. Serena makes June watch just to twist the knife a little deeper. Note that while Nick is powerless to stop the wedding, his eyes are on June when he says “I do.”

Les couples 5a4c5a58c34f1ba3cdfc683dad7b62d33a657b25

Nick was right about June’s crumbling mental health. She did try and kill herself, laying outside in the winter rain to bleed to death like an animal. Nick’s astute senses (and spiritual connection to June) saved her life.

Les couples B2a498486f63684f0afe76d4b9f20914d4bd6e37

Nick’s next move? Literally running to his mentor Commander Pryce to spill tea on Fred Waterford and get June extracted from that house ASAP.
It was a good plan, Nick. 😔It might have worked if Pryce didn’t get blown up!

Les couples F129799a7baf0e5a1a3879263f57624b9f05b3ef

June: “Cushing is gonna find out you helped me when I ran.”
Nick: I’ll take the fall and let him torture me not you and I’ll die but it’ll be worth it b/c you’ll be safe. “I’m not gonna let anything happen to you.”

Les couples 68217726f69d147f86142696b8c56bcaac7b064d

Luckily Nick’s street cred as an Eye allows him to get Cushing arrested on false charges.

Les couples 3ea5775c31149eb852f02955a4f8f6c21fe89e30

June’s too sick to carry out her mission with the letters from Jezebel’s. Nick saves the package before June can destroy it. He takes on the responsibility of hiding the letters and smuggles them across the border. (Giving voice to human rights abuses and striking a major blow to Gilead’s international image.) He also conveys words of love to and from June’s husband without being asked to.

Les couples 0c62b38aff6eb586faf4fa2d2a06492f08232cd5

When he gets to hold his daughter, he remembers his promise to get her and her mom out of Gilead.
And he does. Nick risks his life, again, to help June and their child to escape successfully (for the second time.)

Les couples 68f03ba6f3d989f271abd3a30fe419f39090ee91

Knowing he’ll likely never see her again.

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 16:25

Les couples C50f43447f8b2df806a51c88d91bd6408041c781
Les couples A947f7f9b8c9bff0698cf3a2b77b4d1478e8ce7e

Les couples 88478 Les couples 589489 Les couples 88478

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 16:34

Citation :
Nick Blaine is a very simple man.

He has one (1) threshold for violence. June Osborne’s PHYSICAL safety.

When he learned that she was not ok. He went immediately to her bedside. To confirm for himself, and to offer what support he could. I think that’s a deep human instinct. Go. When there’s big trouble like a death or hospitalization. Go, check it out for yourself, see how you can help. Stabilize June. Before anything else.

He doesn’t want to DE-stabilize June’s support network in Canada.

Nick knows that Luke is a jealous man. He doesn’t want to call June’s loyalty to Luke into question by being present unbidden. So he leaves. Not even needing June to know he came. Like he didn’t need credit for saving, smuggling and releasing the letters from Jezebel’s.

Nick Blaine does not act for glory, but bc its the right thing to do.

Punching Lawrence was NOT impulsive.

An Impulse occurs in seconds.

Nick Blaine calmly crossed back into a warzone.

Drove himself for hours to Lawrence’s house. Lots of calm time to think and plan.

Arrives. Sees that EVERYONE is watching. Whole social scene present to watch you administer your justice. This does NOT, in any way, change his decision.

HE LEFT THE FUCKING DOOR OPEN. (disrespect and disregard for LAWRENCE’s safety. Even the illusion of giving a shit about decorum and manners is out the window)
Calmly found his target, and delivered his statement. A judgment. Not a question, not a conversation, but violence.

Not really caring if Lawrence’s lips issued the order.

Punishing him, calling Lawrence out for LETTING JUNE GET HURT ON HIS WATCH Lawrence is higher up than Nick, now that he’s remarried. It could have just been a Canadian domestic terrorist unrelated to Gilead. But even the POSSIBILITY needs to be dealt with. Again, IN PERSON.

Nick’s priorities:

1. Physically show up to help protect June. If the best way to do that is to leave, so be it. June was physically stable, safe, with Luke, her protector in the building. She was physically safe, and ok for now.
  2. Whoop Ass. As much as necessary. So that this never happens again. Physical Violence now. To protect June’s future. Like- I see this in !dad Nick if the guy who took his daughter out on a date got in a car wreck. Nick would roll into the hospital and do the exact same thing. “You said you’d keep her SAFE.” Like- endanger my girl and YOU are in danger. Everyone needs to act as if her safety is THEIR safety. And Nick is the enforcer. It’s so masculine and primal and POWERFUL and we KNEW that was his nature. GOD it feels good to finally see it!!!!!

And Nick couldn’t turn these instincts off. It was personal. This reminds me SO MUCH of Tarantino characters. Heros driven by an internal code of honor, like oldschool knights and samurai.

I hope he has a HUGE invisible network of helpers to get him out of jail relatively quickly.

I hope Lawrence pays back Nick’s saving from jail move from S3. Pay back his “You Owe Me.”

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 17:56

what do you think june’s decision at the end of the finale means for her and nick

Les couples Tumblr_pbtpi1pPAn1qa1cefo2_500
Les couples Tumblr_pbtpi1pPAn1qa1cefo1_500

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 18:01

Citation :
On the exquisitely complementary nature of Nick & June:

For June, alone in a trust-less and hostile world when we first meet her, Nick becomes her rock and her refuge, who she draws solace and strength from. He really becomes the one person in her world who she can just honestly (and most importantly) SAFELY, be vulnerable with, be angry with, let out her fear and pain and frustration with; and he grounds and calms and comforts her in a way that no one else can, with words and touch and sex, even sometimes with just a look. If June expresses anger, or any other “unsanctioned emotion” with anyone else in this world (Fred, Serena, Aunt Lydia) she faces violence, abuse, even potential danger to her life. When she lashes out at him, its because he’s the only one she CAN express herself with in this way, and he knows and accepts it without pause. That’s not to say he placates her; in fact he calls her out when he thinks what’s she’s saying isn’t fair (“that’s not true”) or when she’s being unreasonable and reckless (“you’re being so fucking stubborn”). But he holds that space for her, with the patience and understanding that allows her the relief of unburdening all the thoughts and emotions tumbling about in her head that threaten to unseat her sanity. And in opening up and offering his apartment and indeed himself to her as this refuge, Nick truly becomes her one and only “safe space”: to express herself, to assert her agency of mind AND body, and even an outlet to share her sense of humor with. For her to have someone she feels safe, respected and empowered with, feel HUMAN with, can enjoy moments of intimacy and pleasure and levity with, be her stubborn, snarky self with; be her whole self and feel accepted and loved for all of it: it keeps bringing her back to herself when she feels beaten down, when Gilead tries to break her identity and her spirit. It steels her against the horrors of the Waterford house and beyond, and inspires her to keep fighting, even when she’s not physically with him.

For Nick, it seems as though he has probably been very closed off for most of his life. At this point, this no doubt comes partly from having been a soldier and an Eye, and the stoicism and secretiveness that naturally go with that and indeed can be a necessary survival tool in Gilead. But from the little glimpse of his past in S1, it does seem that he’s maybe always been this way, or else had to learn to be from a young age (and indeed maybe that is part of what has made him such a good soldier and spy in the first place). He’s perhaps never really been in love before. When June comes along, she awakens something in him, that maybe he didn’t even realize was missing, or at least this time is unable to deny and turn away from. It’s an instant spark that attracts his attention, but as he gets to know her more, he continually sees her strength: in her love for her daughter and for her friends, in her willingness to open herself up to him (after all, to dare to seek real human connection and affection in Gilead is perhaps the bravest thing you could do) and it challenges him, it cracks him open in a new way. And even if he’s conflicted at first because he knows how dangerous it is (for both of their physical safety and also maybe for his heart), he can’t help but keep giving in to that desire to be around her, to know and connect with her, both physically and emotionally. And that connection and eventually love (culminating at the end of S1 with the news of her pregnancy: the literal physical manifestation of their love and the creation it has wrought) becomes something that really brings him alive, not just surviving. It opens him up to a greater sense of humanity and joy and purpose, even when he’s not physically with her.

Her strength draws out his vulnerability, and his vulnerability draws out her strength, feeding each other’s souls with what they need the most. Yin and yang, fitting perfectly together in loving harmony.

source

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 18:20

Citation :
The Handmaid’s Tale’s Elisabeth Moss On That Shocking Season Finale: ‘June Knows Who She Is Now’

Nick is the one to deliver Fred to June. It made me think back to when Commander Lawrence tells Nick, “You can’t save her.” Do you think this was Nick’s way of saving her? I saw you say on Watch What Happens Live that you agree June is meant to be with Nick over Luke.
Look, it’s kind of obvious. She wants to be with Nick. She’s in love with Nick. It doesn’t mean I don’t think Luke is an amazing guy. It also doesn’t mean that I don’t think she should be with Luke. I think she has a much happier life with Luke. But it’s not in the cards, unfortunately, for this woman, and that scene in episode 10 is a great example of why. The person that she is now, for better or worse, is a very different person from the one who married Luke. [June and Nick have] been in a war together. They continue to be in that war together. They say one of the most important things about being in a relationship is that what’s important to you is important to the other person. Luke is not going to deliver Fred to her to tear apart into pieces, and that’s what’s important to her.

Are there any big questions you want answered next season?[
Hannah, Hannah, Hannah. Always Hannah. I want to know what’s going to happen to Janine and Esther and that little gang that’s formed of the two of them. Jesus Christ, that’s going to be interesting. I want to know if Lawrence is going to prove himself to be a good man. I want to know how Emily is going to find her revenge. And for June, Hannah, Hannah, Hannah. And what is she going to do to try to bring down this regime? Then, of course, Nick. What’s going to happen with Nick? Let’s be honest, that’s pretty much the only thing I care about. [Laughs]

When he put that ring on his finger in episode 9? I was screaming.
I know. I was screaming! I’m a fan. That moment where he put that ring on makes me scream when I see it. I’m like, “Oh my god, no!”

Les couples Signature

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end
a.a.k

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples EmptyDim 6 Aoû - 20:16

Les couples Ed116b5efc478e3f54d4c5c07783cfb1fd65f6ff

Les couples 505681 Les couples 505681 Les couples 505681

Les couples Signature

Contenu sponsorisé

Les couples Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Les couples   Les couples Empty

Les couples
Page 1 sur 1