World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Les spin-offs

AuteurMessage
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:32

Je vous propose ici de rassembler toutes les infos sur les prochains spin-offs de la série ^^

Pour rappel, selon la rumeur, HBO aurait commandé 5 spin-offs de Game Of Thrones !

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase

Dernière édition par a.a.k le Lun 23 Juil - 11:44, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://cangelbestlovers.positifforum.com/
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:41

Je reposte les infos d'il y a quelques semaines:

1ères infos sur l'un des spinoffs de GoT (ça se passera à une période biiiiiien avant les évènements qu'on voit dans la série mère):

Citation :
Game of Thrones: HBO orders spinoff prequel pilot

Game of Thrones could be getting a prequel series, HBO has announced, one of five potential spin-offs from the series.

Book author George RR Martin has created the new series alongside British screenwriter Jane Goldman.

HBO has ordered a pilot episode for the show, set thousands of years before the battles over the Iron Throne.

Executives say any spin-off will not be broadcast until after Game of Thrones' final season in 2019.

If picked up, the prequel will chronicle "the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour", HBO said in a statement.

"From the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East, to the Starks of legend… it's not the story we think we know."

Jane Goldman, who wrote Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class and the Kingsman films, will serve as a showrunner for the as-yet-unnamed show.

Game of Thrones is HBO's most popular series to date. It has won multiple Emmy awards and drawn tens of millions of viewers worldwide.

The channel has teased what Martin described as "successor shows" in the past, announcing in May 2017 a number of writers who were working on these series.

Other than Goldman, they include Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland, Carly Wray and Bryan Cogman.

Previous reports have suggested HBO could be willing to throw more than $50m at each season of these new shows.

But HBO's programming president Casey Bloys previously told Hollywood Reporter these series would not focus on the current storyline.

"This story, A Song of Fire and Ice, is done," he said. "There's no revival, reboot, spin-off talk."

So what might a prequel series deal with?

Warning: The section below may contain spoilers.

Age of Heroes?

HBO said the series could start in the "golden Age of Heroes", thousands of years before the events in Game of Thrones.

Don't expect any of the current crop of characters to show up. But their ancient forebears may well make an appearance.

Bran the Builder, founder of the House of Stark, was a hero of the time, as well as Lann the Clever, founder of the House of Lannister - two of the central families involved in the Game of Thrones series.

The White Walkers?

The "true origin of the White Walkers" is another plot point HBO teased in their short statement - the blue-eyed humanoids who constitute a major threat in the more recent series of the show.

George RR Martin's books say the creatures were defeated by the Children of the Forest and the First Men millennia before the events depicted in A Song of Ice and Fire - the book that inspired the Game of Thrones television show.

Could a prequel deal with this ancient war? Or the creation of The Wall, the vast barrier stretching across the entire land of Westeros to keep the White Walkers at bay?

The Starks of legend?

During the Age of Heroes, House Stark moved to unite the North under a single king.

They faced concerted opposition from another family, House Bolton, who fought the Starks and even flayed their men and wore their skin.

Could the ancestors of current show characters Ramsey Bolton and Ned Stark battle it out in the prequel show?

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:44

Le préquel devrait commencer le tournage en Octobre, à Belfast:

Citation :
Game of Thrones prequel to reportedly start filming in October in Belfast

It’s been mere days since filming on Game of Thrones ended forever, and HBO is getting right back in the saddle. The Belfast Telegraph reports that shooting on the upcoming Game of Thrones prequel series will start soon. Per the Telegraph:

Filming on the Game of Thrones prequel will start in Belfast in October, it has been confirmed. Staff at the Paint Hall studios in the city’s Titanic Quarter have been briefed that their next major project will be a series set 1,000 years before the events of the fantasy drama.

On the one hand, this makes perfect sense. Belfast has been the base of operations for shooting on Game of Thrones since the beginning. The producers know it well, HBO is comfortable with it, and the crew there are already used to working on this kind of show.

On the other hand, that is a quick turnaround. But if HBO wants to get a Game of Thrones prequel on the air by 2020, it’ll have to get a move on. Also keep in mind that, so far as we know, HBO is only shooting a pilot for the prequel show; it has not yet ordered a full series. The Game of Thrones pilot famously went through heavy reshoots before it made it to air, so there could be plenty of time for retooling between when HBO shoots the pilot and when the full show debuts on TV.

But still, October…if the start date is that close, HBO may already have actors cast, or will have them cast very soon. More as it breaks.

As the Telegraph notes, the prequel series is set many years before the show proper, during the Age of Heroes, an era that had already passed into legend by the time Jon Snow and Tyrion and Daenerys rolled around. There’s no title yet, although A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin prefers “The Long Night.”

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:47

Autre confirmation:

Citation :
Games of Thrones: Prequel will be filmed in Belfast after Superman and Star Wars epics

HBO blockbuster's prequel will be filmed in Belfast

Filming on the Game of Thrones prequel will start in Belfast in October, it has been confirmed.

Staff at the Paint Hall studios in the city's Titanic Quarter have been briefed that their next major project will be a series set 1,000 years before the events of the fantasy drama.

The news is another huge boost to our growing TV and film industry, with Superman prequel series Krypton also being filmed locally and the latest spin-off in the Star Wars franchise coming here in April 2019.

As Sunday Life exclusively revealed in February, Star Wars creator George Lucas visited Northern Ireland before Christmas to seal the deal for the new standalone film.

The movie will centre on the life of Jedi master Obi-Wan Kenobi, with Ewan McGregor reprising the role he first played in 1999's Star Wars prequel The Phantom Menace.

The new projects will secure hundreds of jobs in the TV and film industry well into 2020.

A Paint Hall source welcomed the developments. "This is fantastic news for everyone at the studio - from the cast and the crew, right down to the riggers and the catering staff," they told Sunday Life.

Game of Thrones creator George RR Martin confirmed the prequel would have a different cast and has a working title of The Long Night.

However, the acclaimed author believes the series name will change because producers HBO "will want to work the phrase 'Game of Thrones' in there somewhere".

The original saga, filmed in Northern Ireland since 2010, has brought in millions of pounds to the local economy.

The Paint Hall was used as its main studio, while other locations that featured prominently included the famous Dark Hedges near Ballycastle, Ballintoy Harbour on the north Antrim coast, Shillanavogy Valley, near Slemish in Co Antrim, and more.

The areas are now tourist hotspots, with devotees of Game of Thrones flocking to see them in record numbers from around the world.

Last weekend, stars and celebrity fans of the series descended on Belfast's Waterfront Hall for an exclusive wrap party after the cameras stopped rolling.

Among those in attendance were stalwarts Kit Harington (left), Maisie Williams and Alfie Allen, Holywood actor Jamie Dornan and legendary skateboarder Tony Hawk. DJ Pete Tong flew in to perform at the bash.

The final series of the show will air next year, with each of its six feature-length episodes costing a staggering $15m to make.

cbarnes@sundaylife.co.uk

Belfast Telegraph Digital

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:53

Ce n'est pas du tout certain, mais il y a des rumeurs sur le thème d'un 2ème spin-off: Empire of Ash, qui serait centré sur le Fléau de Valyia.

Citation :
A special report from Game of Thrones Wiki Administrator and "Keeper of the Lore", User:The Dragon Demands:

I was recently contacted by a tipster with knowledge of the four potential Game of Thrones prequel series being pitched to HBO. I was sworn to total secrecy, and only got a tantalizing glimpse of some extensive written materials (which are not in my possession so don't ask to see them).

Based on what I've seen, the creators of this prequel (Max Borenstein, of Godzilla, Kong: Skull Island - and possibly others) have relied extensively on fan-made wikis such as ours as a guide to the storyverse and worldbuilding, which made me excited and hopeful about the care that went into the details of the world.

In the coming days, I will put together more comprehensive thoughts and analysis of where I believe this series will be heading based on these tantalizing glimpses. So keep checking back for updates!

For the time being, here is what I heard and saw:

The title of this prequel series is " Empire of Ash ".
It is about the events leading up to the Doom of Valyria: the massive volcanic super-eruption which destroyed the Valyrian Freehold in a single day.
It is also the story of the origins of House Targaryen, a minor family of dragon-lords in old Valyria who rose to prominence by fleeing to Westeros just before the Doom - leaving them with the world's only living dragons.
This story centers on the decline and fall of Valyria, a colonial empire which ruled half of the known world at its height.
It reveals the social, economic, and political crises which tore apart the empire from within - these themes rang eerily familiar to me in today's climate.

Scope:

"Empire of Ash" seems to be planned out to last five seasons or more. It's not just a short one-shot special or something. It's another full TV series.

Tone:

Similar to Game of Thrones and the A Song of Ice and Fire novels. Different political factions intriguing against each other - with a larger magical threat looming for the endgame.

Themes:

George R.R. Martin has said that Valyria was "like the Roman Republic, with dragons". A major focus of this prequel is on diversity, as it deals with issues of immigration, naturalization, and cultural identity - all within a multi-ethnic democratic state. The central conflict that kicks off the series is, "what does it mean to be 'Valyrian', and who gets to share in that power and prestige?"
According to its summary documents, this story addresses themes of a free republic in decline, the fallout of military and cultural imperialism, colonialism, immigration, and racial diversity (sound familiar?)
Did I mention there are dragons? Lots of dragons. Hundreds of dragons.

Plus d'infos : ICI

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Lun 23 Juil - 11:55

Westeros.org Discusses... Game of Thrones Successor Pilot

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Sam 11 Aoû - 11:10

Hum, ça sent pas bon:
Citation :

Bad news for ‘Game of Thrones’ fans

Trouble’s brewing in Westeros: “Game of Thrones” might not get several spinoff shows after all.

On Wednesday, HBO programming president Casey Bloys told reporters in LA that while HBO is shooting the pilot for one potential “Game of Thrones” spinoff, there are currently no plans to move forward on the four other previously announced ideas.

“There are no plans to make any others at this point,” said Bloys. When asked if the others are dead or merely on hold, he said, “A combination.”

That sounds ominous.

The pilot that’s currently in development is helmed by Jane Goldman and set in the world of “Game of Thrones” — hundreds of years before Jon Snow was even a pout in his parents’ eyes.

The other projects that are either stalled or dead come from Bryan Cogman, Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland and Carly Wray.

As one of the show’s slogans goes, all men must die — and it looks like some potential spinoffs must, too.

Bloys did not announce a date yet for Goldman’s pilot.

As for “Game of Thrones” itself, Bloys declined to provide an air date for the final season, but he said it will be in the first half of 2019.

D'un côté j'peux comprendre qu'ils ne se lancent pas dans 5 projets en même temps, parce que ça coute de l'argent, ça demande du temps, de l'investissement, ... Et rien ne promet que les spin-offs auront le même succès que GoT.

Mais de l'autre, la saga a une telle fanbase, tant au niveau des livres que de la série, que ça semble être du gâchis de ne pas exploiter la matière donnée par GRRM et le succès du monde qu'il a créé.

Enfin, wait and see, je suppose.

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Sam 11 Aoû - 11:21

Citation :
Game of Thrones prequel has an ensemble cast, “strong female characters”

Whether you call it The Long Night or Age of Heroes or Unnamed Game of Thrones Prequel Number One, we’ll be getting a follow-up to HBO’s mega-hit sometime in the next couple of years.

Although it’s gotten quite a bit of buzz, we still don’t know much about the prequel show beyond the slight synopsis HBO has given us:

Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East, to the Starks of legend … it’s not the story we think we know.

Exactly how many thousands of years before the main series is the prequel set? Speaking to Deadline at the Television Critics Association press tour, HBO programming president Casey Bloys talked about how The Long Night will stand out from its predecessor:

[Showrunner] Jane [Goldman] did not go into [writing the pilot] wanting to answer anything about Game of Thrones; it was the story that spoke to her. It will feel very different because it’s 8,000 years before, it’s a very different setting, a very different time in Westeros, It will feel different but still Game of Thrones.

That’s the challenge HBO is facing at the moment: how do you create a successor to a hugely successful show like Game of Thrones that still feels enough like the original to bring in fans but different enough so it has its own identity? Goldman, the screenwriter behind movies like Kick-Ass and X-Men: Days of Future Past, may be able to help by bringing a different perspective. For years, the Game of Thrones writers room has consisted of four dudes: David Benioff, Dan Weiss, Bryan Cogman and Dave Hill. Will giving the reins to a woman make a difference? Getting specific, Deadline wondered if the show would have a female lead. Said Bloys:

There are very strong female characters but it’s an ensemble, there [are] men and women. Jane is a very good writer, we don’t want to limit her to writing female leads. There are a lot of very complicated leads in [the pilot].

In other words, it’ll be like Game of Thrones, which has a rich ensemble cast featuring both men and women. I think that’s the way it should be.

Miss Kitty
How rare & beautiful it is to even exist ♥
How rare & beautiful it is to even exist ♥

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Sam 11 Aoû - 11:26

Arf oui... C'est peut-être bien aussi de ne pas s'éparpiller dans différents projets, mais c'est clair que l'univers a l'air tellement bien construit et riche, qu'il y a clairement matière et potentiel. Après, même pour les fans, peut-être qu'ils ne suivraient pas TOUS les projets s'ils arrivent tous en même temps. Les échelonner dans le temps permettrait peut-être à tout le monde de suivre à un rythme correct. ^^

Au passage, une amie m'a prêté ses DVD des saisons 4, 5 et 6 de GoT, donc je vais pouvoir reprendre et les enchaîner
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Mar 18 Sep - 21:44

GRRM a confirmé hier, aux Emmy Awards, qu'il travaille sur 5 prequels, certains qui prennent place 100 ans avant GoT, d'autres 5 000 ans

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Jeu 1 Nov - 16:26

Oooooh on connait le premier acteur ou, en l'occurrence, la première actrice du prequel: Naomi Watts:

Citation :

Game of Thrones prequel casts Naomi Watts to star

The Game of Thrones prequel pilot has cast its first actor.

Naomi Watts will star in the as-yet-untitled follow-up to the HBO fantasy sensation.

The King Kong and Mulholland Drive actress will play a character described as “a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.”

The GoT prequel is from writer Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass) and A Song of Ice and Fire author George R.R. Martin.

The project is expected to begin filming in early 2019. While there’s no official title as of yet, Martin has suggested The Long Night.

The series is actively casting for numerous roles and also seeking a director. Of course, since this is Westeros, you never know how long even a lead actor might stay on a show — Sean Bean famously led the cast of the original series until he checked out in the ninth episode.

The network previously released an official description of the show’s storyline, and, like the original series, it’s a tale spread across multiple locations and clans: “Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East, to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.”

According to Martin’s books, the Age of Heroes began 10,000 years before the events in GoT. Some of the major names which could be characters in the new show include Bran the Builder (who founded House Stark and oversaw construction of The Wall and Winterfell) and Lann the Clever (who founded House Lannister). The era led into The Long Night — a winter that lasted a generation — and the greatest war against the white walkers. Then again, that’s what we think we know, and the logline for the new show says this is “not the story we think we know.”

If the prequel is ordered to series, it will mark the first time in HBO’s history that the premium cable network has made a follow-up series to one of its shows. HBO has previously stated that no successor series will air until at least a year after GoT has its series finale, however. Since the eighth and final season of GoT is coming in the first half of next year, the earliest we can expect this prequel is 2020.

Obviously, given the show’s timeline, the prequel is not expected to use any of the show’s current cast members (though the Night King making an appearance doesn’t seem out of the question). GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have elected not to be involved; after finishing the final season the duo will transition to penning a Star Wars film for Disney.

Follow @jameshibberd for ongoing GoT scoop.

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Jeu 1 Nov - 16:27

Citation :
‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Casts Naomi Watts in Lead Role

Naomi Watts will star in the “Game of Thrones” prequel pilot at HBO that hails from Jane Goldman, Variety has learned.

The exact details of Watts’ character are being kept under wraps, but it is known she is playing “a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.”

It was recently announced that Watts had signed on to play Gretchen Carlson in the Roger Ailes limited series currently in the works at Showtime. She previously appeared in Showtime’s revival of “Twin Peaks,” and is known for her roles in films like “Mulholland Drive,” “I Heart Huckabees,” “Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance),” “St. Vincent,” “The Ring,” “King Kong, and “J. Edgar.” Watts also earned Academy Award nominations for her roles in “21 Grams” and “The Impossible.” She is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment, and Hansen Jacobson.

Taking place thousands of years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” Goldman’s project chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend–it’s not the story we think we know.

Goldman co-created the project with George R.R. Martin, whose “A Song of Ice and Fire” novel series serves as the basis for “Game of Thrones.” Goldman and Martin wrote the story, with Goldman writing the teleplay. She will also serve as showrunner. She and Martin will executive produce along with Daniel Zelman, James Farrell, Jim Danger Gray, and “Game of Thrones” executive producer Vince Gerardis. Chris Symes will co-executive produce.

Goldman’s series is one of five “Game of Thrones” projects that has been in the works at HBO. The exact nature of the plot of each project has been kept under tight wraps, though Martin has previously made clear that each project is a prequel rather than a spinoff and that none of the current main cast of the series will be involved. He has also ruled out fan theories that any of them will focus on his characters Ser Duncan the Tall and Aegon the Unlikely, or Dunk and Egg as they are popularly known. He has also said that Robert’s Rebellion will not be the subject of any of the prequels.

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   Jeu 1 Nov - 16:30

2ème acteur: Josh Whitehouse:

Citation :
Josh Whitehouse Set As ‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel Lead

EXCLUSIVE: HBO has set Josh Whitehouse to a lead role in HBO’s Game of Thrones prequel pilot from writer Jane Goldman and author/GOT co-executive producer George R.R. Martin that has Naomi Watts heading a fast-forming ensemble cast.

Whitehouse is a British actor who starred in Northern Soul and most recently wrapped the lead role in The Happy Worker, the David Lynch-exec produced drama directed by Lynch protege Duwayne Dunham. Whitehouse next stars in MGM’s musical retelling of the cult classic Valley Girl, playing the lead role originated by Nicolas Cage. He currently can be seen in the BBC series Poldark, and on billboards as the face of Burberry’s new fragrance campaign, ‘Mr. Burberry.’

The story line and roles are being kept close to the vest at HBO, which would not comment.

The untitled prequel takes place thousands of years before the events of Game Of Thrones. It chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.

Watts was announced yesterday to play a charismatic socialite hiding a dark secret.

Goldman serves as showrunner and will executive produce alongside Martin as well as fellow GOT co-executive producer Vince Gerardis and Damages and Bloodline co-creator Daniel Zelman. Added since the June pilot green light are former BBC Studios executive James Farrell and Jim Danger Gray as executive producers and Chris Symes as co-executive producer. As previously announced, GOT creators/exec producers David Benioff and D. B. Weiss have no involvement in the potential offshoots.

Whitehouse is represented by CAA, United Agents in London, Untitled Entertainment, and Gang, Tyre, Ramer & Brown.

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Les spin-offs   

Les spin-offs
Page 1 sur 1