World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

News et spoilers

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuteurMessage
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Sam 24 Nov - 11:02

Citation :
Rising was a really powerful short film and you did a kickass job with it. How different is it directing something like that versus episodes of GOT?
How different is it directing something like Rising, which is a PSA short film I just directed and directing Game of Thrones? Not so different. I think what's important is the fact that it's about passion and compassion for what people do and who they are, and making that storytelling as honest as possible. No matter what I'm doing, I like to lend my ability to do that to those different projects and so forth. With Rising, it was a situation where it was much more of a personal journey with real people, and I think that on Game of Thrones we were treating those people just as real as they are meant to be, so there's really not a lot of difference in doing so. The only thing in doing Rising was working with actors for the first time, a lot of actors who hadn't worked on this kind of a thing before, so that was a lot of fun working with them and kind of lending them a hand with what they were doing. They all did such a tremendous job and I'm so proud Rising is something that I think hopefully is going to change a lot of minds.

Thanks for the AMA David! You've worked on a lot of seasons of GoT. How has the directing experience on the show evolved over time?
It’s only gotten better, it’s a situation where David and Dan are wonderful people to work with and for. I learn a lot from them. Also Bernie Caulfield and Chris Newman the two producers of the show they kind of have the engine running in the show. Each of the department heads are just incredible. Really Game Of Thrones I get to just focus on the directing part of it — I don’t have to second guess or make sure things are together cause they’re extremely professional and good at their craft.

Did the series end the way you thought it would? Are you satisfied with the ending?
I'm completely satisfied with how season 8 ends. I think that David and Dan did a tremendous job, and they took into consideration what the fans want, as well as what is right as far as storytelling is concerned. I guarantee there's going to be lots of surprises and shocking moments, but it’s really very compelling stuff.

What place(s) of filming required the least amount of cgi to bring it to life and which place was your favorite?
The home of the sand snakes. In Spain we actually shot at the president’s palace. It was a beautiful location that they allowed us to shoot in we had to take special care with how we dealt with things. In Iceland some of the locations were perfectly sound and beautiful with what we had. Those two stand out as far as things that were untouched.

When directing fake scenes, do you yourself know that they're fake?
Well, you'll have to ask me that at the end of season 8. Because I can't answer that question now.

Will we be getting more scenes involving the direwolves? A lot of people were upset with the lack of Ghost scenes in season 7.
Well, I have to say that you will see a direwolf in season 8. That's all I can say.

What was the feeling on set knowing that this was going to be the final season?
It was a chance for a lot of characters to work together that hadn’t worked together before. Or at least hadn’t worked together in a long time. So there was a sense of discovery and appreciation. Everyone saw it was coming to an end so there was a real family sensibility to it knowing that it was about to end — lot of tears, lot of sadness but it was very special.

Could you describe season 8 in 3 words? Don’t say bittersweet please
Season 8 in three words — Spectacular, Inspiring, Satisfying

Looking back, how does it feel directing iconic episodes such as the rains of castamere and the mother's mercy? Does it ever just sink in like "holy shit I can't believe I was a part of that" ?
I look at it from the first person — it’s from an out of body experience because I was involved in it so much. It’s just a situation where as a director you’re given great scripts and great actors to work with and great material that’s all your work, your work is done in some respects as long as you know how to manage that. Best experiences of my career.

Are you going/willing to direct episodes of the GOT prequel currently in works?
I’m not involved in it. I’m not sure if I will be involved in it right now but I wish them a lot of luck.

Hi David, and thank you for doing this. And for Mothers Mercy, Rains of Castamere, etc.

Some GoT actors, both experienced actors and some of the kids, admit they aren't sure what their character was really doing/thinking in a scene. It sounds like they didn't know much about possible subtext. Do directors just tell actors what to do and show or go into motivation/significance? What is your approach?

I think it’s important that the actors know rudimentary feeling of the characters’ wants, desires and needs but also important to allow the actors to play with it and get a feel for it because they’re all so wonderfully good at what they do so you don’t want to put a stop sign in front of them. You want them to keep trying new things, it’s important to let them do that and balance that out. Also you want them to know it well enough that when they’re doing it they’re not thinking too much about it.

Many years ago there’s a story, Mark Rydell was directing Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda in On Golden Pond of all things and he did a big scene with them and stopped the scene and said “how was it?” and both of them turned to him and said “I don’t know, we were both gone, we were in the scene, we don’t know what happened, how was it?” That to me is great when I work with actors from Game Of Thrones and they have some big sequences and you can see they’re in it a 1000% and you know if they’ve got it or not cause they’ve left their bodies, it’s pretty cool.

What did you borrow from the set???
Nothing. I wasn't allowed to take anything home from the set. But the production designer Deb gave me a wonderful carved wolf’s head that was at one of the tables, I think it was at the Freya Estate, which some of it we shot at, which was very interesting. That was a very cool thing, but that's about all.

How different was the experience directing the episodes in the final season without having any source material to go off compared to your earlier episodes where you had some content guiding your creative process?

Was it more freeing or does having more text to go off make the process of directing that much easier?

Well, being the director on Game of Thrones, to me the script is the beginning, middle, and end. I don't read the books because I don't want to have a different opinion or different approach from something that actually is written. I also spent a lot of time with David and Dan going over the characters and formulations and where they had everything, so it's very important for me to find out what's in their head. And I have to tell you that David and Dan have been with Game of Thrones for a long time and understand this world, that it was seamless, it was fantastic, it was great, and again too as rich as any of the things in any of the scripts that I've done. It's going to be quite a powerhouse.

What is your opinion on spoilers?
It’s kinda sad that people do that because it takes away from the fun of the viewing. You don’t want to know what’s coming because it’s all about the surprise and that’s the great thing about Game Of Thrones is that there’s so many surprises so many things that you don’t expect it kind of just shocks you in many respects. When I hear about spoilers and people hearing what they are it kinda bums me out. It’s just not as fun of a viewing experience. It’s way more emotional and enjoyable if you don’t know.

How would you judge the cultural influence of Game of Thrones on TV? Do you think the series will have an impact on other books, series or films in the longer term?
GoT has already had a substantial effect on other television we watch other shows in development. It’s made huge impression on the television world and there’s a lot of GoT quote “lite” shows coming out. It’s really a question of if they can hang onto the initial drama and tell that story which is really what GoT has done so well and don’t get caught up in the hype of “what they’re supposed to be doing” but just make it honest and continue to have great storytelling.

Hello Mr.Nutter .Will the WW army be the only issue for characters will have to face ?
The White Walker army will not be the only issue our characters have to face in season 8, they have to also face each other.

Do you have any behind the scenes anecdotes from working with the cast this last season.
I probably do, but I can't share them I'm sorry to say. But I will say that in season 5, the Daznak Pit episode was something where there was a lot of fun stuff we did there. If you watch the behind the scenes of the Daznak Pit you get to see me screaming dragon noises and everyone was dancing and acting to a green ball as far as the dragon was concerned. That was a lot of fun to do that and definitely running around doing all kinds of gyrations and so forth, and being a dragon here and a dragon there and things like that. That was a lot of fun to be involved with

Sorry for stealing your account name

My question comes in the form of a favour, could you please wish my close friend Jabs a Happy Birthday? It's next week and I know he's a big fan of you work, specifically on "The Dance of Dragons" (he really likes fire).

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to be here Very Happy

Happy Birthday Jabs, I’m told it’s your birthday coming up. David Nutter here, I’m not u/DavidNutterAMA but I’m the other David Nutter, ha.

Will season 8 have time travel? (Hello Bran)
Well, I’ll be the first to tell you that I have no time travel in my episodes. That’s the only clue I’m going to give you.

Hey David my guy, just curious, are you one of the people who GRRM told the original ending of the books to? Thanks bud
I am not one of the people GRRM told the ending of the books to. I did meet him at the San Diego Comic-Con. We had not met before and he invited me to Santa Fe to eat Mexican food at his favorite Mexican restaurant. My son was a huge fan of the show and my wife who both read the books had to go as well — so the three of us went down and spent the weekend with GRRM which was a whole heck of a lot of fun down in Santa Fe.

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://cangelbestlovers.positifforum.com/
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Mar 4 Déc - 23:10

Photos (et vidéos dans le lien) de la promo #ForTheThrone à LA et New-York

Spoiler:

“Woman? Is that meant to insult me? I would return the slap, if I took you for a man.” ~ Daenerys Targaryen
You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Mar 4 Déc - 23:11

Spoiler:

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Mar 4 Déc - 23:14

Citation :
Night King actor reveals pretty big spoiler about a vital scene in 'Game of Thrones' Season 8

You know it's coming. You might even have seen that major spoiler. The ultimate battle between the living and the dead will be upon us in Season 8 of Game of Thrones. And one major character just let slip a pretty big piece of information about said battle.

Game of Thrones star Vladimír Furdík, who plays the frightening, blue-eyed creature that is The Night King, revealed that the legendary battle might be on your screen sooner that you'd expect.

Since Game of Thrones has the habit of letting the penultimate episode of the season be the most dramatic (see episodes "The Rains of Castamere," "Battle of the Bastards," and "Beyond the Wall" for reference), fans had expected the fifth episode of the six-part finale to feature the battle-to-end-all-battles.

But, according to Furdík, we won't have to wait quite that long. Speaking at a fan convention in Hungary, the Slovakian actor said that the battle will take place in the middle of the season.

"In the third episode of the last season, there is a battle that the creators intended to be a historic moment in television," said Furdík, according to Hungarian site SorozatWiki. Mashable had a native speaker of Hungarian verify the translation of the quote.

Furdík is talking about the battle that famously took 55 days to film. According to Furdík, the 55-day battle has been cut down to about an hour of action-packed television.

"Almost the full episode will be about the battle, it will take about one hour," Furdík said.

This changes everything, honestly. We have no idea what to expect anymore.

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Mar 4 Déc - 23:22

Ooooooooh! Me likeyyyyy  

Posté sur l'instagram de la série:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bq-MJodBbyn/
Citation :

Born to Rule: Daenerys Targaryen

A look at how the Mother of Dragons earned her many titles

Hâte de voir ceux pour les autres persos ^^

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Mer 5 Déc - 22:31

a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Jeu 6 Déc - 23:38

1er vrai teaser

Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Tease: Dragonstone (HBO)

Miss Kitty
How rare & beautiful it is to even exist ♥

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Ven 7 Déc - 1:25

Awesome !!

C'est impressionnant aussi la taille des panneaux ! I love you
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Ven 7 Déc - 12:02

Clair! Rien que pour ça, j'aimerais vivre par là-bas! Voir autant d'images de séries que j'aime, ça doit être géant!

HBO s'est même arrangé pour faire des cartes de métro avec la promo #ForTheTrone

Une chouette analyse du nouveau teaser:

Et parce que, damn, I'm so hyped!!!!

Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Ven 7 Déc - 13:39

Imagine toutes les photos qu'on pourrait prendre avec les affiches/panneaux si on vivait là bas ! lol!

Visuellement superbe le teaser, franchement, juste wow !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   Ven 7 Déc - 17:53

lol! Je m'arrêterais tout le temps: oh!!! encore une nouvelle image *click*

lol!

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: News et spoilers   

News et spoilers
Page 7 sur 7Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7