World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Analyses & Metas sur la série

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Miss Kitty
Destiel 4ever True Love ♥

MessageSujet: Analyses & Metas sur la série   Mar 25 Juil - 22:14

Je vous propose de venir partager les analyses et metas sur la série qui vous paraissent intéressants ou pertinents de partager.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://spuffy-and-cangel.forumactif.com/forum
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: Analyses & Metas sur la série   Mar 25 Juil - 22:14

Un excellent meta sur Dean et son développement en saison 12 et à venir en saison 13 :

Citation :
Dean’s climax and denouement in season 13. Expositions through season 1 mirrors.

So, I’ve talked loads about how I feel that season 13 is subverting the pilot plot wise:

- Mary is the parent who is lost to be found, John is the parent who is dead.
- The Sam/ Jess v Dean/Cas parallels of 12x23.
- The Sam/Dean role reversal (also the precise words Jared used *yay!*). Sam is the one set on hunting, finding a way to fix things, trying to keep things together, Dean is the one mourning the loss of the person he loves, out for revenge and angry.

Basically for Dean’s own personal story:

- Pilot: Dean is first set up as uber-straight, butch and over compensating, faithless, feeling like he can’t have and doesn’t really deserve love, a hunter of the supernatural and living in the black and white, stab first - ask questions later, where supernatural beings are all evil and to be killed, he is Sam’s parent and guardian and Dean is less worthy of love and care than he is, whose mother up on her pedestal said that Angels were watching over him, but he’s not accepting of himself, expecting to die young, giving up his life for others and with a total lack of self worth.

Source :  http://weeklyspn.tumblr.com/post/158855969634

- Endgame: self worth, accepting himself for who he is as a whole, accepting that he likes things he has always repressed, that he is no longer Sam’s parent, that he needs to let Sam go, that he deserves good things for himself, that his mother and father are not perfect. That he is in love with a supernatural being, a guy, who represents faith, an Angel who watches over him (and who he can watch over when he falls), having said Angel give up something big for him as a mirror for everything he has given up for others, learning that the world is not black and white, where he finally accepts himself and thinks he doesn’t deserve to die young, finally feeling self worth…

Source : http://hunenka.tumblr.com/post/162327958524/spn-12x22-who-we-are-this-sounds-like-the

Regarding how I think this will play out in season 13:

We know now that 13x03 features Missouri Moseley. Who was a massive John mirror and was an exposition to why Dean is the way he is, repressed, self loathing and feeling worthless while Sam is to be protected and cared for. She and her granddaughter Patience are also psychics, a real coincidence given the point we will be at in 13x03 with Dean’s grief and emotions, hmmmmm.

We also know that we have the Scooby Doo episode where Dean potentially might flirt with or will at least come face to face with Daphne, the epitome of Dean’s old fantasies, the sweet, non threatening, childhood reminiscent kind of maternal reminding cartoon character, the best metaphor I can think of for Dean’s old facade and old way of dealing with things.

Basically everything we know so far, which is very little, about spoilers for season 13 point to the fact that they are absolutely using season 1 mirrors to show how much Dean has changed and grown, I mean throw in a couple of wendigos and ghosts, maybe, Chuck I hope for an episode where we see 2 brothers again like 1x18 but Dean doesn’t blame himself and tells the older brother to look out for himself and not always just his brother. I mean I don’t know how it will play out of course I just feel this as happening as a theme and hey if we do see Dean acting at times like a dude bro douche reminiscent of season 1 it’s probably exactly for this - to expose it and then smack it down because this ISN’T who he is and he knows that now, it’s just to show US.
off the top of my head (maybe I’ll meta properly about it at some point but right now I’m just flailing) but the themes in season 1 for Dean focus on:

- repression of emotions
- lack of self worth and self acceptance
- being Sam’s parent
- toxic masculinity
- bisexuality
- not feeling he deserves love

And these should now be addressed in order to expose that he is moving past them and has come out the other side of his long path to self acceptance and they already seem to be using the pilot/season 1 both plot-wise but also thematically to expose these to then subvert them.
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: Analyses & Metas sur la série   Lun 16 Oct - 23:59

Je sais qu'on en avait parlé à un certain stade, je ne sais plus exactement où, mais concernant la bisexualité de Dean, voilà le commentaire de Ben Edlund et Phil Sgriccia (scénariste et directeur exécutif) pour l'épisode “Everybody hates Hitler” (8x13), avec la scène awkward où il se fait draguer par un gars :

"Potential for love in all places" ^^
Miss Kitty

MessageSujet: Re: Analyses & Metas sur la série   Mar 17 Oct - 17:32

Une réponse intéressante à un post tumblr, concernant John Winchester et le fait qu'il ait maltraité ses enfants :

Citation :

Child neglect is child abuse.

Child neglect is defined as a type of maltreatment related to the failure to provide needed, age-appropriate care. Unlike physical and sexual abuse, neglect is usually typified by an ongoing pattern of inadequate care and is readily observed by individuals in close contact with the child. Once children are in school, personnel often notice indicators of child neglect such as poor hygiene, poor weight gain, inadequate medical care, or frequent absences from school. Professionals have defined four types of neglect: physical, emotional, educational, and medical.”

Supernatural is set in the USA.

In the USA. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) defines child abuse as “child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child”. - SOURCE

But what about other countries? (from the same source)

A UK guidance

Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010 (1.33-1.36)

says that there are four types of child abuse:

-Emotional abuse
-Sexual abuse
-Physical abuse
-Neglect

Let’s go back to those things I highlighted shall we:

- “results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child .” John Winchester leaves his children as bait for the shtriga and gets pissed at 9 year old Dean when Dean leaves and it attacks Sam. Huh maybe he didn’t know they would be in danger? Nope “they feed on the spiritus vitae, or life essence, of others - mainly from children.” Even if Dean hadn’t left Sam he left his children around a place that he knows a monster was out hunting children. That is the textbook definition of potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child -  Season 1 Episode 18 - Something Wicked

Dean implies he was physically abused when John found out Sam ran away. That memory is one of same happiest and one of Dean’s worst. Even if you say the physical abuse is implied not explicit that look on Deans face is not something that comes from a good outcome of “when Dad got back” - Season 5 Episode 16 - Dark Side of the Moon results in harm

- “ failure to provide needed, age-appropriate care”  John Winchester left a 9 year Sam alone in motel room and then had him take a bus by himself to meet up with them across state lines - Season 11 Episode 8 - Just my imagination.

John leaves them with less food than they both need causing Dean to sacrifice his share - Season 1 Episode 18 - Something Wicked

Dean Winchester knew his father was possessed by demon when he praised him

Just Dean is a testament to John’s mental abuse. John did not raise his sons. He left that job to Dean. Dean’s compulsive need to keep Sam around stems from from a lifetime of being assigned that very task: He wasn’t merely told to keep Sam safe, he was practically programmed to always, always, always put Sam first. Dean’s self-worth is so tied up in whether or not Sam has a pulse that over and over and over again he’s made terrible decisions with that singular goal in mind—and he’ll continue to make terrible decisions because he can’t help it.

Like please, John is an interesting character, I am sure he loved his sons and his final act was to sacrifice himself of them, but yes he was abusive. By YOUR own admission he was neglectful and neglect is child abuse.

Source : https://chattyanon.tumblr.com/post/140641782590/supernatural-cheerleader-bibrosbelike
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Analyses & Metas sur la série   

Analyses & Metas sur la série
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1