World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Almost

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
angel_15
Little miss addict
Little miss addict

MessageSujet: Almost   Sam 17 Oct - 15:57

Titre: Almost
Auteur: yespleasehawkeye
Lien de l'originale: http://yespleasehawkeye.tumblr.com/post/130461731706/olicity-almost
Genre: Drama
Catégorie: Oliver/Felicity, Ava Queen
Résumé: The bad guy that Team Arrow has been pursuing finds out Oliver’s true identity and when he threatens to go after someone he loves, the team automatically assumes he’ll go after Felicity, but he goes after their daughter instead.
---------

The message is clear. So clear, that Oliver has Felicity on lock down the second the arrive at the foundry. Whoever is after the Arrow has worked out who he is really, has discovered that Oliver Queen is the Arrow, and that makes it all too easy for them to discover what’s really important.

Felicity.

Mayor Queen, I’m coming for your girl.

Instantly, Felicity’s under guard. He can’t allow anything to happen to her. Not his wife. Not his Felicity.

“Oliver, I’m fine,” she tells him as he paces.

“I’m not taking any chances,” he insists.

“We can’t stay down here all night.”

“You’re going to stay down here until he’s caught,” Oliver says sternly, because this is his family, and this is what he does best - he protects her.

“Oliver, I-”

“Felicity, please,” he stressed, bracing his hands on the arms of her chair as he leaned over her slightly, allowing her to see the vulnerability in his eyes. “I can’t think about him getting his hands on you. I need you to be safe so I can end this…please.”

“I was going to say, I’m happy to stay down here, but Ava’s school lets out in a half hour and someone needs to be there to pick her up.”

Ava.

All of a sudden, Oliver’s trapped by white noise.

Felicity’s speaking, but all he can see is her lips moving, and the pieces finally fall into place.

“He was never coming for you,” he mutters, pushing away from the chair.

“What?”

“The message said he was coming for my girl,” Oliver reminds her. “Every time he referenced you before he mentioned you as a woman. The woman I love, the woman I care about, the woman I work with…now suddenly he’s calling you a girl? That doesn’t make any sense, unless what he really wanted was–”

“–Ava,” she finishes for him.

“Oliver.”

His head snaps up from where it’s resting on the wall. He hasn’t moved in hours, his body curled at the end of his daughter’s bed where he can watch her sleeping. She’s oblivious to his presence, of course, she’s been fast asleep since they arrived home, but he’s not ready to leave her yet. His hand strokes over her lower leg as it slips out from under the duvet, her tiny toes flexing even in her sleep, and he’s been watching, wondering what it is she dreams of, wondering if she’ll remember enough to tell him over breakfast tomorrow.

Felicity steps in, her bathrobe slipping on one shoulder and he can see her bleary eyes without her glasses. “It’s the middle of the night,” she whispers.

“Sorry,” he says softly, making no indication to move.

“She’s okay, Oliver, he didn’t get to her,” she says, dropping carefully to the floor at the side of the bed, resting her chin on his knee.

“He almost did,” he says, returning his gaze to their sleeping six year old.

“You got to her first,” she assures him. “You always do.”

He remains silent, and when Ava shifts in her sleep he lifts his hand from her momentarily, only replacing it when she’s settled again. He doesn’t breath the entire time.

Felicity watches him, watches the storm within him that refuses to calm. “What did you do?” she asked softly.

“He threatened my daughter,” he said simply. “You know what I did.”

The silence hangs between them after that. It’s unsettling, but Felicity places her hands over his. “You need to come to bed,” she tells him quietly.

“I need to stay,” he whispers, shaking his head.

Felicity doesn’t encourage him, she just gets to her feet, and quietly crosses the room to Ava’s closet. She reaches behind some of the toys on the upper shelf, and comes back with her old baby monitors, the hi-tech ones with the camera installed that thankfully still have batteries on, and she places the main unit beside Ava’s bed. The handheld unit works as well, and she places it into Oliver’s hands, giving him a pointed look.

“If she wakes up and sees you staring at her, you’re going to freak her out,” she points out. “So you need to come to bed, and if you want to stay awake all night watching her, then you can,” she says softly.

This time she places her hands on his wrists, guiding him up and out of the room. He doesn’t fight her, doesn’t pull against her, but he lets her lead him. He doesn’t let out his sigh until they’re laying in their bed. Oliver tucks her against him, his arms around her as they also hold tight to the device that allows him to keep watch over his daughter.

Felicity ducks her head so her lips fall against the side of his wrist. “Try to get some sleep,” he murmurs to her, placing his mirroring kiss somewhere in her hair.

“Will you?” she asks him, nestling into his arms.

“No,” he answers honestly.

He can’t sleep, not when someone almost took his daughter from him today. He’s too busy thinking about what would have happened if they hadn’t realised it when they did, what would have happened if they’d been too late. He can’t sleep when there’s the image of having to tell his wife that he their daughter was missing, hurt, or worse. How can he sleep when this was almost their reality?

“She’s okay,” Felicity whispers.

She is, Oliver thinks to himself. Ava’s fine. She has no idea what almost happened today.

This is what he was afraid of, so many years ago. His family coming under the crosshairs. He was justified in that fear, because the tiny life in the next room is one he created with the love of his life, and the thought of something happening to her is …soul-destroying. There’s no other word for it. If anything ever happened to her, it would be the end of the soul that Felicity started to rebuild and Ava pieced together.

He can’t lose either of them.

“You’re not going to lose us,” Felicity murmurs.

He will. One day.

Today, he got to keep them.

Maybe he's grateful to have you. Maybe we both are.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://leavingyoubehind.shattered-memories.net

Almost
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1