World is a Fiction

Vous aimez lire ou écrire des fanfictions sur des séries, des films ou autres? Ce forum est pour vous ^^

AccueilAccueil  CalendrierCalendrier  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
angel_15
Little miss addict
Little miss addict

MessageSujet: Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite   Lun 31 Aoû - 2:15

Titre: Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite
Auteur: yespleasehawkeye
Lien de l'originale: http://yespleasehawkeye.tumblr.com/post/127181296221/olicity-dont-let-the-bedbugs-bite
Genre: Family
Catégorie: Oliver/Felicity
Résumé: Ava having a nightmare and only wanting her daddy
Spoilers Future fic

---------

Felicity had tried to remain calm, but she was quickly reaching the same levels of hysteria that her daughter was steadily calming to. It was one o’clock in the morning, she’d been awake since three o’clock the previous morning, and her daughter was screaming in her ear.

She paced the room of Ava’s nursery, her two year old nestled against her chest with her legs wrapped around her waist and her arms around her neck. She had tried shifting her onto her hip so she could sit them down somewhere, but her daughter was having none of it. Nothing Felicity tried would settle her, because she was very, very specific about what she wanted.

“Daddy.”

She howled the word over and over, so painfully and so filled with a desperate longing that when she hadn’t stopped after ten minutes Felicity had given in and called Oliver. He was out patrolling with Thea and Diggle, and while they usually stayed in the foundry until it was late enough to have Ava in her bed, Felicity had stayed home with her that night because she’d been running a fever through the day.

Now, she was burning, not in the way of sickness, but from screaming herself raw. She’d called Oliver twenty minutes ago, and while their apartment was at least a thirty minute drive away, he was bursting through the door to their apartment in record time. Then again, she’d called him with Ava screaming into the phone whether she tried to hold it away from her or not, so with the heart-breaking screams of “daddy” summoning him, of course he’d broken every traffic law in existence.

“Daaaaaadddy,” she choked out, breaking into a series of coughs at the end.

“Shh, baby girl,” Felicity pleaded as she paced the room, stroking the infant’s back. “Daddy’s coming, daddy’s coming.”

“Daddy’s here,” she heard from the doorway, turning to see Oliver standing there and approaching her with a look of concern on his face.

“Oh, thank god you’re here,” she breathed out. “I don’t know what’s wrong. She woke up and she was screaming. She’s not hurt, she’s not sick, she just keeps screaming and she only wants you. I think maybe she had a nightmare. I don’t know. Do toddlers get nightmares? I just-”

“It’s okay, I’m here now,” he murmured, stroking her back once and kissing her cheek before he stroked his daughter’s head. “Avaaa,” he cooed in the tone she adored. “Ava, Daddy’s here.”

Ava flew at him, tearing her head away from Felicity’s neck for the first time, and they managed to awkwardly juggle her between them until she was engulfed in Oliver’s arms and pressed against his chest. “Daaaadddy,” she sobbed.

“Daddy’s here, sweetheart,” he told her softly, stroking her back as Felicity had been. “Daddy’s got you.”

She kept sobbing for him, eventually quieting to something less than screaming but above whimpering. Felicity breathed out a heavy sigh of relief and pressed her forehead to Oliver’s shoulder. “You can get some sleep if you need to,” Oliver offered, nudging his head to the top of hers lightly. “You got up with her early this morning, I can handle this.”

“You were up late last night,” she reasoned. “I don’t know what’s gotten into her…”

“Did you have a bad dream, baby girl?” Oliver asked lightly, rewarded with an answer when she clung to him tighter and wailed painfully into his ear. “Okay, okay,” he soothed, kissing her head and leaving his lips against her forehead. “Okay, sweetheart, it’s all over now, Daddy’s home, Mommy’s here, Ava’s okay.”

Ava snivelled somewhat pathetically as she clutched at him. “Ava’s okay?” she repeated and revealed her tear-stained cheeks.

Felicity took advantage of finally seeing her face to wipe her thumbs across her cheeks, wiping the tears away. Exhausted and unsettled, Ava leaned into her touch while still clinging to Oliver. “Ava’s okay,” Felicity whispered, stroking her soft curls.

She looked around the room with wide, sad eyes, but she was considerably calmer. One of her hands splayed across Oliver’s chest and she started to stare at it in fascination, her breathing reduced to small hiccups. Oliver closed his hand over her tiny one. “You feel that?” he asked her in a soft voice. “You feel Daddy’s heart?”

“Heart,” she repeated in a scratchy croak.

“Yeah, heart, good girl,” he praised her. “Look, feel Mommy’s heart,” he said with a hint of wonder in his tone, directing his hand to Felicity’s chest over her pyjama top. Ava screwed her fist in the material and whispered ‘mommy’ before Oliver directed her hand to her own chest. “See, and Ava’s heart,” he said with the most adoration Felicity may have ever heard.

Ava looked confused, then lunged forward and placed a hand on each of her parents hearts, and they closed their palms over hers before they shared an emotional look.

“Wanna sleep in Mommy and Daddy’s bed tonight?” Oliver asked her.

Ava gave a small sniffle that broke their hearts all over again, and they moved to the bedroom. One of Oliver’s hands held his daughter to him, and one rested on the small of Felicity’s back. His girls needed to sleep. Once they were in the bedroom, he set his pyjama-clad daughter on the centre of the bed while Felicity climbed back in where she’d been heavily asleep an hour ago. “I’m just going to shower,” he told Felicity, but by the time he’d reached the bathroom door, Ava was breaking into sobs again. He turned back from their en suite, seeing his tired daughter sat with her arms outstretched for him, and he tracked back. “Okay, I’ll shower when she’s asleep.”

He crawled in on Ava’s side, with Felicity closing off her other side, and the little girl lay between them, clutching both their shirts in her tiny hand. Oliver lay close to her, kissing her tiny cheeks as Felicity lightly rubbed her hand over her stomach. Eventually, she calmed and fell asleep again, at which point both parents sighed.

“I don’t say it to guilt you, but I think she misses you,” Felicity admitted quietly.

“I was afraid of that,” Oliver agreed.

“I think she got too used to you as her night-time buddy.”

Oliver’s inability to sleep for more than four hours at a time had been a godsend with a newborn, and Ava had loved spending the small hours of the mornings with her father. Unfortunately now that Oliver was more active as the Arrow again, it meant she had to sacrifice those middle-of-the-night cuddles.

“Maybe I need to take some earlier nights,” he mused, stroking the top of his daughter’s head. “I know we’re doing a good thing with the team, but it’s not…worth this,” he said, not taking his eyes off of her. “That was hard, seeing her like that.”

“Really hard,” she agreed with a heavy sigh. “Let’s talk about it in the morning, okay?” she suggested. “It’s time we all got some sleep before she wakes up again.”

They met for a kiss over their sleeping daughter, then collapsed onto their own pillows. Maybe the night had been painful, but at least they were woken by their little girl using them as a climbing frame mumbling ‘momma up, daddy up’ over and over.

Maybe he's grateful to have you. Maybe we both are.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://leavingyoubehind.shattered-memories.net
a.a.k
Cangel 'till the end
Cangel 'till the end

MessageSujet: Re: Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite   Mer 23 Déc - 10:23

Awwww c'est trop mignon!!!!! J'ai beaucoup aimé le moment où elle sent le coeur de ses parents. C'était beau

You're a lot smarter than you look. Of course, you look like a retard ~ Cordelia Chase
This is it: Team Free Will. One ex-blood junkie, one dropout with six bucks to his name, and Mr Comatose over there. Awesome. ~ Dean Winchester
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://cangelbestlovers.positifforum.com/
angel_15
Little miss addict
Little miss addict

MessageSujet: Re: Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite   Mer 23 Déc - 19:58

C'est une fic que j'avais particulièrement aimé, particulièrement aussi le moment ou elle sent le coeur de ses parents donc je suis contente que tu ai aimé Merci d'avoir lu et commenter!

Maybe he's grateful to have you. Maybe we both are.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://leavingyoubehind.shattered-memories.net
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite   

Don’t Let The Bedbugs Bite
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1